Monday, February 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: The Warden


This week my teaser lines come from The Warden, by Anthony Trollope. First published in 1855, it was the first of his "Barsetshire" novels. This snippet comes from pages 226-227, and since I've just started reading the book, I'm not sure exactly what's going on; but I do agree with the sentiment.
The place seemed much more suitable to his requirements than the room in which he had dined....There were quantities of books, and long rows of sofas. What on earth could be more luxurious than a sofa, a book, and a cup of coffee?



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

9 comments:

  1. Coffee, books, and a place to enjoy them? You can't ask for more. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that place he's describing...perfect!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Substitute coffee with hot chocolate and i totally agree. Great teaser.

    My teaser is from Appointment with Death

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although it was written over 150 years ago, it's still true today! How many books can make that claim?
    My teaser is here: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't agree more, though I would be switching out the coffee for a Dt. Coke! My teaser comes from Bath Tangle by Georgette Heyer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If that's the prison, it sounds pretty nice.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-teasers-3-this-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd choose a different beverage than coffee, but otherwise spot on! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.