Thursday, February 02, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Found Books

This week, BTT asks: "Have you ever read a random book left in a waiting room or on a park bench, etc., and did you like it?"

And my answer is -- I don't think so. If I have, I don't remember it, so I guess the book must not have made much of an impression.

Actually, if I found a book in a waiting room or on a park bench or in any public place, unless it was clearly marked as a giveaway (with a Book Crossing label or something like that), I'd most likely just leave it where I found it, assuming the owner might come looking for it.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I can't remember ever finding a book just laying around anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read a book I found in a public place either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are my thoughts, too, Joy...mine is slightly different, but in a sense, the book was "found."

    Here's MY THEME THURSDAYS POST - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree also, I never found a book just lying around.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/booking-through-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of this book crossing until today. I will have to check it out. Here's my BTT.

    Happy Reading!
    Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's never happened to me either and I would make the same assumption.
    http://dawntreader-island2.blogspot.com/2012/02/btt-random-finds.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi: Yes, I'd have a hard time taking a book from clearly "public-private" places (like a waiting room) - a train station might be different, I often leave a newspaper or magazine or book behind in a hotel or airport in the hope that someone else will pick it up. Here's my story:
    http://yearofreadingmybooks.wordpress.com/2012/02/02/empire-state-cakes-and-chatterboxes-booking-through-thursday/ Happy reading, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd feel the same way. I would never pick it up and figure the owner would be back for it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.