Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: The Seance

This week my teaser lines come from The Seance by John Harwood:
...I was sitting up in bed reading when my grandmother came into the room and sat down in the chair beside me, looking exactly as she had when I was a little girl: the same elaborate black silk dress and tightly pinned white hair, the same familiar scent of lavender and violet water. The chair creaked as she settled herself in it, smiled at me and took up her work, just as if she had only been gone five minutes, rather than resting in Kensal Green Cemetery for the past fifteen years. (p.104)


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Great teaser. This sounds great. I haven't heard of this until now, but it's right up my alley! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-november-15th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it! Now I want to know more....

    Here's MY TT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent teaser. Will have to look this one up! Mine: Whisper Falls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read this one! It's in the TBR pile...just waiting.

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good teaser. I like the cover too, rather old fashioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I hadn't heard about this one until now. It's right up my alley. I didn't think anyone wrote ghost (as opposed to horror stories) anymore. This is the second one I've heard about in as many days. My lucky day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.