Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: The Fatal Touch

This week my teaser lines come from the new Commissario Alec Blume mystery, The Fatal Touch, by Conor Fitzgerald. It's Fitzgerald's second book about Blume, a police inspector in Rome. I haven't read the first book in the series (if two books can be called a series), but this one looks like it can probably stand alone. In this snippet, one of Blume's colleagues is musing on the fact that she's actually pleased to be awakened in the middle of the night to be told that her presence is needed at the scene of a murder:
It was not easy to explain the difference between wanting somebody dead and wanting a dead somebody. Homicide cops understood at once, but to people in the outside world, it came across as the sort of nice distinction a psychopath might make. (p.5)
So this one sounds like my kinda read. Maybe I'll take it with me when I go to the dentist today.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

14 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I can see the distinction! I need to take a look at this one. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Sounds like a my kind of a book, I need to give it a try!

    My teasers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I totally understand the distinction! I heard similar comments when I worked with homicide detectives and prosecutors...they tend to really like their job which, unfortunately requires a dead body.

    This book sounds captivating and I love that its set in Rome. I'm always looking for good mystery/thrillers!

    My teaser:
    Amy's Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! This looks like one I would add to be already groaning TBR shelf.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must take it to the dentist, 10 minutes or more waiting is perfect reading time.

    I have 2 for Tues

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/07/two-for-teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is in interesting distinction. Sounds like a book I would like too. Mine are from Heartless by Gail Carriger and Always a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser, Joy. I hope the book is as good as it sounds!
    Mine: Summer in the South

    ReplyDelete
  8. A teasing title too! Here's my teaser: Blood Trust

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I get it, does that make me a psychopath?

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is one punch of a teaser. Makes you wonder if we're not all psychopaths in the making. Seriously does it not???

    The only difference is we imagine it more than we would EVER consider doing it. It's better that way since it would be too scary otherwise. I'll keep the blood in books than on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a big thriller/suspense reader, but the teaser sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope this distracts you enough while at the dentist's. It sounds good.
    My teaser is here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha great teaser. It sort of made me laugh...bad for a murder thriller?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thrillers aren't usually my style, but this one sounds good!

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesdays_19.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.