Friday, July 08, 2011

Friday's List: Vacation Reads

Best books to take on vacation? I guess we all have our favorite summer authors, or favorite types and genres. Here's what GoodHousekeeping.com thinks might make the best summer reads for 2011:
  1. Then Came You. Jennifer Weiner
  2. The Paris Wife. Paula McLain
  3. State of Wonder. Ann Patchett
  4. Planting Dandelions. Kyran Pittman
  5. The Gap Year. Sarah Bird
  6. The Memory of All That. Katharine Weber
  7. Conquistadora: A Novel. Esmeralda Santiago
  8. Caleb's Crossing. Geraldine Brooks
  9. Nothing Daunted. Dorothy Wickenden
  10. Sister. Rosamund Lupton
A little something for everyone: some fiction, some non-, some romance, some humor, some history. Haven't read any of them yet, and there are a few I've never even heard of (as usual). But also one or two I'll definitely be adding to my "want to read" list.

What about you? Got any recommendations for that "perfect vacation read"?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, these are pretty much all new to me. Looks like some good summer reading if I haven't gotten to it, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to read light, short books in the summer - mysteries, romances.

    None of this list is actually on my to-read list. Maybe I should change that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mentioned this on my blog, but I rarely read on vacation. I know..it is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple of my favorite authors seem to come out with their new books in June and July - Dorothea Benton Frank, Nancy Thayer and Elin Hilderbrand; all light easy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.