Friday, April 29, 2011

Best Princess Books Ever?

With all the hoopla over the royal wedding today, I was inspired to go exploring for books about princesses. So I headed over to Library Thing and discovered that these are the books most often tagged with a "princess" tag:
  1. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
  2. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
  3. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
  4. Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
  5. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
  6. The Paper Bag Princess by Robert N. Munsch
  7. Princess in the Spotlight by Meg Cabot
  8. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  9. Princess in Love by Meg Cabot
  10. Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  11. Princess in Waiting by Meg Cabot
  12. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
  13. Princess in Training by Meg Cabot
  14. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
  15. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  16. The Ordinary Princess by M. M. Kaye
  17. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
  18. Searching for Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
  19. Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
  20. Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot
I haven't read any of those - obviously my royal-reading quotient is dismally low. But I've been curious about The Tale of Despereaux, so maybe I'll add that one to my TBR pile for this year.

How about you? Are you a lover of princess stories? Do you have a favorite? Or do you prefer more of the "real world" in your reading matter?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed The Tale o Desperaux, I listened to it on audio. I love the Shannon Hale books. The Princess Bride is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.