Monday, December 06, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Last week wasn't a great reading week for me. I really need to kick it up a notch if I'm going to reach my goal of fifty books for this year. I know that seems like a ridiculously low number of books for some of you out there, but for me (the World's Slowest Reader) it would be a real achievement.

Anyway, last week I did manage to finish one book, and make a little progress on another. But I spent a great deal of time (time I should have been using for actual reading) planning my reading challenges for next year (see the list here). Also posted a couple of wrap-ups for 2010 challenges - the Awesome Authors Challenge and the Bibliophilic Books Challenge (here and here). I'm going to try to cut back on challenges a little in 2011; I had about two dozen going this year, and while I enjoyed the reading, I think that was really a few too many.

So, here's my Monday list:
  • Finished last week:

    The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. Overall, I enjoyed this one quite a bit, and hope to get a review posted in a day or two.


  • Reading this week:

    Juliet by Anne Fortier. I've had this one going for several months now (!), and really do want to get it finished this week. I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't seem to be grabbing my attention as completely as I was expecting it would.


  • Planned for December:

    The Killings at Badger's Drift by Caroline Graham. My "K" book for the A-Z Challenge.


    Zapped by Carol Higgins Clark. My "Z" book for same challenge.


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

11 comments:

  1. These looks so good. You did well.

    Last week I read only one novel, Remedies by Kate Ledger. And in whole of November, you know, I read only three books. 2 Tintin albums. One crime fiction carried over from October. Let us hope December is better.

    Here is my Monday: Mailbox/Whereabouts post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juliet didn't grab my attention either and I can't say I enjoyed it much. I'll be looking forward to your review of Kate Morton's book. I just love her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read The Distant Hours.

    I love the cover on The Killings at Badger's Drift...it looks deceptively cozy.

    I fritter away time I could spend reading, too, but I always feel so accomplished after organizing things. This past week, I spent time organizing my pages at my Curl up and Read blog: for challenges, for books read in 2011, and books purchased in 2011. Then I created logos for those pages. Silly, huh?

    Here's my Monday:

    http://laurelrainsnow.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/monday-memes-mailbox-what-are-you-reading-dec-6/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that many are enjoying The Distant Hours. I have that one up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be waiting for your review of Distant Hours -- I won a copy recently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a CarolHC in years.

    I read slow also, approx 1 a week but I did meet my 50 goal, yaaay, you can do it.

    My post

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your reading plans. I've got so much going on I'm nt getting much reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny, I thought I was the world's slowest reader :D I've been on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for 2 weeks...Everyone seems to be cutting back on challenges but I'm new to them so I've got 5 so far for next year. Two dozen--wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by...my prediction (on my blog) that I might get sporadic in my postings is starting to kick in. I'm just now getting around to visiting some blogs for the Monday posts.

    I'm sorry that Juliet hasn't been as gripping as you expected. I've thought that one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Killings at Badger's Drift sounds really good I hope you enjoy it...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.