Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Moonlight Mile

Don't know how much time I'll have for reading this week, since we're going on a little trip and I'll be on the road most of the time. So I'm taking my teaser lines from a book I haven't started yet, but one that's on the top of my TBR stack at the moment – Dennis Lehane's new novel Moonlight Mile.

This quote is taken from an advance reading copy of the book, so bear in mind that there might be some changes in the published version. I have no idea who's talking here or who's being talked about, and once again it's a bit more than two sentences (what else is new?).
These days, fifty might be the new forty but in her case it was the new sixty. Her once-strawberry hair was white. The lines in her face were deep enough to hide gravel in. She gave off the air of someone clinging to a wall of soap. [p.22]
Hey, don't sugar-coat it, pal – tell us how you really think she looks!


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in a comment here.

9 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Lehane?? I haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by Lehane yet, but I've been wanting to read this one...

    What a description! Leaves a rather scary visual image...LOL

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/teaser-tuesdays-nov-2/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor woman. It was very subtle was it? Great teaser this week :)

    You can find my teaser here

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL at your quip under the teaser! Spot on!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/11/teaser-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Harsh description. Hope you enjoy the book once you get to it!
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Clinging to a wall of soap"
    - Hm! Not sure what to make of that. Author doesn't leave much about her fight with aging to the imagination, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is my teaser from The Trophy Bride’s Tale by Cyrilla Barr (page 1):

    I have never seen an execution! I am terrified & tremble uncontrollably now as I stand on the fringes of restless crowd desperately hoping that no one will notice me in my shabby pilgrim’s weeds. At that I saw his face break into a warm smile and I knew I had at last reached safer ground.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only read Shutter Island and would like to try another by him.

    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've yet to read anything by Lehane, but that is quite a description.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.