Thursday, February 18, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Olympic Reading

This week's BTT topic has an Olympic theme: You may have noticed - the Winter Olympics are going on. Is that affecting your reading time? Have you read any Olympics-themed books? What do you think about the Olympics in general?

Before I go any further, I just wanna say: How about that Shaun White???!!! Far out!!!

OK, back to the books.

Yes, the Olympics have definitely taken up some of my reading time lately. Not that I've been reading about them – but I've certainly been doing more TV watching this week. Of course, a large chunk of that TV watching was devoted to the Westminster Dog Show which I never miss. But the Olympics have played their part in upending my reading routine, as well.

I love the Olympics – especially the winter games because I really enjoy all the skating competitions. Never been on ice skates in my life, but I always thought it looked like so much fun. And the costumes are gorgeous. But when it comes to reading about the games – well, the only reading I've done has been news reports on the Internet. Haven't read any Olympics-themed books and it's not likely that I'll read any in the future. I just don't have much interest in sports-related books. I like sports, but I'd much rather watch them than read about them.

And for the most part, I'd rather watch them than participate in them, too! What a shameful admission. I guess the only title I could compete for would be World's Laziest Old Broad.

9 comments:

  1. I second your WOW,. Shaun was amazing and such fun to watch. I watched the dog show too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad to find someone else who was holding her book NOT reading as he was going his McTwister. :) My BTT is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading while snowboarding was on. My BTT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/02/booking-through-thursday-olympic.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into them at all. My answer is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been glued to the Olympics. I'm a Canadian so I'm rooting for our guys except for the skiing where I'm rooting for Vonn. I love it all except the hockey and curling. I can spend the day watching the rest. lol. Not very helpful when it comes to keeping up with the reading though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen any of the Olympics, but I have been glued to ACC basketball. I'm getting ready for March Madness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed Shaun White because we spent yesterday evening taking in the sights and sounds of Olympics-filled downtown Vancouver. Even as a Canadian I wanted to see his runs :)
    All things Olympics have cause my reading to come to a standstill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching the Olympics, from my nice warm couch.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.