I've been putting this off for a week now, hoping to get a few more reviews written. But since the Summer Reading Challenge ended along with the season on September 21, I suppose I should go ahead and post my wrap-up before we're all buried under snow.
The Challenge was hosted by Susan at A Southern Daydreamer Reads, and it was one of my favorite kinds of reading challenge – hardly any rules, read what you want. Here's what I read (with links to reviews):
- The Valley of Fear. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Angel's Game. Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- Sacred Hearts. Sarah Dunant
- The Fire. Katherine Neville
- Grave Goods. Ariana Franklin
- Fear the Worst. Linwood Barclay
- Rabbit Is Rich. John Updike
- Victory Over Japan. Ellen Gilchrist
- Dance of Death. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
- The Man in the Picture. Susan Hill
- The Woman in Black. Susan Hill
- New Year's Eve. Lisa Grunwald
I'll get those missing reviews up later this week – well, most of them anyway. I pretty much enjoyed all the books I read (at least I don't regret any of them), and a few of them (especially Sacred Hearts and Rabbit Is Rich) are probably going on my list of all-time favorites. Just want to say thanks so much to Susan for hosting such a fun, hassle-free summer event.