Monday, November 16, 2009

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Last night I finished one of the books I've been reading for what seems like months now (but it's really only been weeks!) – E.L. Doctorow's Homer & Langley (review to come later today, hopefully). I've got a couple of other books going right now, but this week I'm concentrating on finishing Stardust by Joseph Kanon. It's a library book and has to go back soon, so that should give me a little extra push to stick with it.

I'm also trying to read at least one shorter work this week, for the November Novella Challenge. Probably Edith Wharton's Ethan Frome or one of the novellas from her collection, Old New York.

Also trying to get caught up with reviews before the end of the year which, although hard to believe, is almost upon us!

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog. To find out what everyone is reading, or to participate yourself, head on over to her blog.

7 comments:

  1. I have not read Ethan Frome in decades, now I want to re-read it. Happy reading! My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/what-are-you-reading-mondays_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your November Novella Challenge. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to read "Old New York.

    http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ethan Frome is a fast read and a good one in my opinion. I can't believe it's already going to be the end of the year either. This year went by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Library books tend to give you a sense of urgency when reading don't you think? I finished both of my library books within a week as I was afraid I'd drag it out and then owe late fees.

    Have a good reading week!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.