Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Finds: 19 June 2009

Friday Finds is a weekly event hosted by mizb17 at Should Be Reading. Participants are asked to share with other bloggers about the new-to-you books found during the week – books you either want to add to your TBR (to be read) list, or that you just heard about that sounded interesting.

Just three books this week. And, technically, The Game by A.S. Byatt isn't a new find – it was her second novel, first published in 1967; but I just "discovered" it this week while browsing an interesting library at LibraryThing. Alice Hoffman's new novel, The Story Sisters, made its appearance this month. And Fear the Worst, Linwood Barclay's latest suspense novel is scheduled to be released on August 11.

6 comments:

  1. The Story Sisters sounds fantastic and what a beautiful cover. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing The Story Sisters a lot this week, it looks good. I'm a fan of suspense so Fear the Worst sounds like something I'd read. I've only read one book by A.S. Byatt, but I enjoyed her writing style. Great finds this week!

    ~ Popin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got The Story Sisters last week and I squealed when it came.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read one book by Linwood Barclay, but keep meaning to read another! This one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good ones! I love Alice Hoffman...I will have to add that book to my list. Fear The Worst sounds like a real page-turner....

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I include older books on my finds lists all the time because there are so many books out there that are new to me. Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.