Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Now That's True Love

This week I'm reading an ARC of Stone's Fall by Iain Pears. And I suppose I should say that I haven't checked this quote against the published edition, which I believe came out this month:

It is worth any sort of nonsense or frivolity to make her happy, see her smile, to have her turn and say – thank you for putting up with that. For her I even learned to dance, although never well; but I am content to behave like an elephant to see her graceful, to feel her body move as I hold her in my arms. [p. 606]

As I've only read about a hundred pages, I'm not sure what's going on there – who's talking about who. The book is holding my interest so far, but at 800 pages, it's really going to have to pick up quite a bit for me to make it all the way through! If you've read it, I'd be gratified to know what you thought.

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizb17 at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or participate yourself, head on over to her blog. And these are the rules: Grab your current read; Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given! Please avoid spoilers!

8 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser...I will be looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see this book everywhere. I think I ought to check it out!

    Here is my post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one sitting on my shelf. I'm looking forward to it, but it is long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely and romantic sentiment - learning to dance just for her - but reaping the rewards in a secretly selfish way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think once in a while it's worth slogging through a much longer book -- as long as it holds our interest and we're enjoying ourselves. So I hope you end up enjoying it, so you don't really notice the length.

    Meanwhile, my own teaser is at Bookishgal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read it yet but I do have it. It sure is a chunkster of a book. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Alyce at At home with books reviewed it. Not sure. If I remember correctly, she said it all came together in the last 100 pages or so. I still haven't cracked the book. Sounds very involved. Have a great week and happy reading. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea what the book is about, but that's a lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.