Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Finds: 29 May 2009

Friday Finds is a weekly event hosted by mizb17 at Should Be Reading. Participants are asked to share with other bloggers about the new-to-you books found during the week – books you either want to add to your TBR (to be read) list, or that you just heard about that sounded interesting.

Just two new finds this week. Lately, I've been devoting most of my time to reading, and not doing so much "shopping around."

Picked up The Romance Readers' Book Club (by Julie L. Cannon) from the bargain table at our local Borders. Have to admit I was mainly attracted by the cover – it looked so summery. But the story sounds interesting, too; perfect reading for the months just ahead.


I think I first discovered Michelle Richmond's No One You Know while browsing the May selections in LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program, but I've seen it mentioned several places since then. It's "a tale of a woman's search for her sister's killer" and sounds like it might be another great summer read.

7 comments:

  1. Both of these look fantastic. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No One You Know is a great summer book and while I didn't love it, I did enjoy my time reading it. Hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it!

    ~ Popin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting I need to read this one. Thaks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No One You Know is fantastic! I agree, the other book has a great cover and looks like the perfect summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the summerfeel on the Romance Readers' Book Club book!

    Here's my post.Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No One You Know looks great...its on my WL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like great books you got :) Happy reading !!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.