Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday Finds: 3 April 2009

Friday Finds is a weekly event hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Participants are asked to share with other bloggers about the new-to-you books found during the week – books you either want to add to your TBR (to be read) list, or that you just heard about that sounded interesting.

This week, several of my New Finds are from the last couple of LibraryThing Early Reviewers offerings. And one, The Dud Avocado, is actually a book I've known about for a while – I'm including it because it always sounded intriguing and it was the reason I was attracted to Dundy's latest, The Old Man and Me. I'm supposed to be getting that last one from LibraryThing, but as my last two Early Reviewer books have never arrived, I'm not terribly hopeful. Anyway, here's my list for this week:

Bad Things, by Michael Marshall (LTER, March)
Being Written, by William Conescu (see the teaser at Popin's Lair)
Key of Light, by Nora Roberts (see the teaser at Inside Mo's Mind)
Mobius Dick, by Andrew Crumey (don't remember where I first saw this one)
The Book of God and Physics: A Novel of the Voynich Mystery, by Enrique Joven (LTER March Bonus Batch)
The Dud Avocado, by Elaine Dundy
The Old Man and Me, by Elaine Dundy (LTER March)
The Tricking of Freya, by Christina Sunley (LTER March)
The Various Haunts of Men, by Susan Hill

4 comments:

  1. The Various Haunts of Men and Bad Things sound good. I'm off to check out the others. I read Key of Light a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot, but then again I seem to love all of Nora Roberts' books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, did you email the LT people about the arcs that never arrived? They should know!

    These titles all look so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several of those look pretty tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of finds this week Joy, most of these are new to me also.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.