Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: Murder and Mickey Mouse

Still reading The Private Patient by P.D. James this week. I had to dip into the book a couple of times, looking for teasers that would not be spoilers. These come from page 139:
When the young Dalgliesh had first been promoted to the CID, it seemed to him that the air of a murder room always changed when the corpse had been removed, and more subtly than the physical absence of the victim. The air seemed easier to breathe, voices were louder, there was a shared relief, as if an object with some mysterious power to threaten or contaminate had been robbed of its potency.
Now that's a nice thought to start your morning with.

I've also been reading Dan Brown's Angels & Demons this week, so here are a couple of teasers from that one, as well:
Despite the contorted foolishness of Mickey's outstretched arms designating the hour, it was the only watch Langdon had ever worn. Waterproof and glow-in-the-dark, it was perfect for swimming laps or walking unlit college paths at night. [p. 114]
Or, no doubt, for wearing while escaping the clutches of psychotic assassins and hunting for ancient artifacts in exotic locales. Ah, that Robert Langdon. What a guy!

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or participate yourself, head on over to her blog. And these are the rules: Grab your current read; Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given! Please avoid spoilers!

12 comments:

  1. I liked Langdon in the books but could not equate him with TOm Hanks in The Da Vinci Code, a very poor casting imho! Of course, Hollywood never consults with me first. Sigh... Are you liking A&D? I liked it a lot

    Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your PD James teaser! Haven't read any of those books but I know many people enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first one! I'm a big murder-mystery fan, so it fits me.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend gave me a P.D. James book over a year ago. I might have to take it off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joy - both teasers are great! The first is a bit morbid, while the second made me laugh - I could see that Mickey Mouse watch on his wrist!!

    Here's my Teaser about the lion and the lamb from Twilight! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished this book recently. I think the movie could be fantastic because of the Italian backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've taken on a couple of good ones. Probably a trade back and forth. I love both of these authors. Good teasers today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.D.James is one author I want to read, good teaser. Mine is here, http://zetor-mogsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Kaye - Tom Hanks is going to spoil another potential awesome movie when this one comes out. I enjoyed Angels & Demons much more than Da Vinci and I really liked that one too! My first watch was a Mickey Mouse one too - thanks for the Tease.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Mickey Mouse watch didn't seem to fit with what we knew of Langdon, but I think it provided us with a clue about him really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed what I've read of P.D. James so far. Dalgliesh is such a great character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kaye and Bumbles--
    I had trouble accepting Tom Hanks at first, too. My image of Robert Langdon was completely different as I was reading the book. But I think Hanks actually did a pretty good job in the film, after all. I'm really enjoying Angels & Demons so far. But then, I enjoyed Da Vinci, too, in spite of all the mixed reviews.

    Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to visit this week.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.