Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Thingers: LibraryThing Authors

Today’s topic from Boston Bibliophile: LibraryThing authors. Who are your LibraryThing authors? What books of theirs do you have? Do you ever comment on an author’s LT page? Have you received any comments from an author on your LT account?

Well, as far as I know, I don’t have any LT authors. Once again I have to confess, until today I’ve never looked at the list of LT authors. It’s a pretty long list, isn’t it? But after a quick scan, I don’t really notice anybody that sounds familiar. Well, just Meg Waite Clayton – I haven’t read her books, but I do recognize the name.

And I’ve never commented on an author’s page. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever commented on anybody’s LT page – I keep a pretty low profile on LT. And I believe the only comment from an author I’ve received (again Meg Clayton) wasn’t on my LT account, but rather on my blog review of The Lace Reader.

So I guess you could say I haven’t really been paying much attention to the whole LT authors feature. But now that I know about it, I’ll keep it in mind for future reference.

6 comments:

  1. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to my LT Author thing, either. I was surprised by how many I had on there. I think they're automatic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are automatic. I like it because it's easy to see at a glance which authors are already interested in interacting with readers. I wish some of them would add more books, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I didn't read the question right. I thought it meant which authors are on my friends list. I need to check this author thing out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised at how many I had on my connection's list too. I haven't interacted with authors on LT directly, although I have through my blog and e-mail.

    It's not a feature I pay close attention to either, although sometimes I do like to glance over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't looked at at my Lt authors in awhile so it was fun to see how much the list of them has grown :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only 2 LT authors.

    I've had more correspondence (from authors) via my blog or email than via an LT comment.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.