Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Keep on Dancin'

Reading the Arts & Letters Daily today, I came across this nugget in an article ("Keeping Your Brain Fit") by Christine Larson, published in U.S. News & World Report, posted back in January --

A 2003 study reported in the New England Journal of Medicine, for example, found that people over 75 who danced, read, or played board games or musical instruments also had a lower rate of dementia.
. . . the Alzheimer's Association recommends any activity that will keep you curious and learning: reading and writing, attending lectures, taking classes, even gardening.

See!!!??? It's perfectly OK for me to spend my days lost in the pages of a book (even though I still have a few years to go before I reach 75). After all, I'm doing it for my health! But maybe I should get up and shake my booty now and then, too.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see...playing games/reading/booty shaking/chocolate as antioxidant health food -- maybe getting older isn't quite as bad as we thought even though 75 is eons away. Really, it is.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.