Thursday, March 13, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Playing Editor

This week's BTT topic:
How about a chance to play editor-in-chief? Fill in the blanks:
__________ would have been a much better book if ______________________.


Hmmmmm. What a question! OK, I'll play:

War and Peace would have been a much better book if the war had been about 300 pages shorter.

Moby Dick would have been a much better book without all that boring stuff about whales.

Anna Karenina would have been a much better book if Anna had pushed her husband and her lover under the train instead of jumping.

My first novel would have been a much better book if I'd ever finished writing it. (Or maybe not!)

3 comments:

  1. A lot of books would be better if the heroine had pushed the hero under a train in the first chapter and got on with a meaningful independent life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of those books. But your post made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, avoid as many of the classics as possible.

    But as for your book? Of course it'd be better with an ending. Don't give up -- even if you don't try to publish it, at least you'll be able to say you wrote the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.