Thursday, March 20, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: The End

This week's BTT topic:
You've just reached the end of a book . . . what do you do now? Savor and muse over the book? Dive right into the next one? Go take the dog for a walk, the kids to the park, before even thinking about the next book you’re going to read? What?
(Obviously, there can be more than one answer, here–a book with a cliff-hanger is going to engender different reactions than a serene, stand-alone, but you get the idea!)


Well, since I'm almost never reading just one book at a time, I guess I'm a diver – finish one book, and I've already got the next one started. Especially since I've gotten myself involved in all these darn reading challenges!

But I usually do try to take the time to go back over each book as I finish it, see if I've made any notes or marked any passages I want to remember, and maybe write down a few quotes. And if it's a book that I've really enjoyed, I like to go back and read the opening chapter or first few pages again – just to make sure it's stuck in my memory.

Of course, if I had a dog to take for a walk, or kids to take to the park, I'd definitely take a book along.

4 comments:

  1. I agree about those "darn" reading challenges! No time to give a gap!

    LOL!

    Booking upto ending

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it probably is less of a problem for those who have more than one book on the go at a time. Somehow that's a skill I've never managed to perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually have more than one book on the go, too; as for reading challenges, I like the idea of them, but I try to avoid them. I just don't have the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can read only one book at a time cuz I want to focus on it!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.