Friday, October 12, 2007

Nobel Notes

What a nice surprise – Doris Lessing has won the Nobel Prize for Literature. Finally someone I've actually read! But it's been more than twenty years since I discovered Martha Quest and The Summer Before the Dark. Never got around to The Golden Notebook, so maybe I'll put it on my Autumn reading list.

And I suppose Al Gore was a natural choice, after "An Inconvenient Truth" caused such a sensation. Now if he'd just come down out of his splendid tower and RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.